Large fleet converted to Autogas
The company purchased 50 new ROUSH CleanTech Ford F-550s equipped with cranes to deliver LPG tanks to customer sites across the US in addition to the 35 that were deployed at the end of 2013.
AmeriGas announced the planned increase Autogas fleet growth during the NPGA Southeastern Convention and International Propane Expo in Atlanta, the largest gathering of LPG industry experts in the US.
“AmeriGas’ fleet is one of the largest in North America. We are excited to transition to a cleaner, domestic and value-priced alternative fuel,” said Jay Massey, corporate fleet manager for AmeriGas. “As a propane marketer, we strongly believe in the autogas initiative.”
The company’s Autogas fleet demonstrates the viability of propane as an on-road vehicle fuel, lessens noise in neighborhoods being serviced, and lowers harmful emissions. Over the lifetime of the Ford F-550 vehicles, more than 12.7 million pounds of carbon dioxide will be eliminated from AmeriGas’ total carbon footprint.
“By fueling with the product it supplies, AmeriGas is proving to its millions of customers that propane as an engine fuel is realistic and being used today in their communities,” said Todd Mouw, vice president of sales and marketing for ROUSH CleanTech. “Propane autogas is a readily available, abundant transportation fuel source with lower operation and ownership costs. And AmeriGas is at the forefront of implementation.”
Autogas is the leading alternative fuel with a dedicated infrastructure in the U.S. and across the globe. In the US more than 90 percent of the supply is produced domestically. An additional 7 percent is imported from Canada.
About AmeriGas: AmeriGas is the nation’s largest retail propane marketer, serving approximately two million customers in all 50 states from over 2,000 distribution locations. UGI Corporation, through subsidiaries, is the sole general partner and owns 26% of AmeriGas Partners, L.P. and the public owns the remaining 74%. Comprehensive information about AmeriGas is available on the Internet at www.amerigas.com.
About ROUSH CleanTech: ROUSH CleanTech, an industry leader of alternative fuel vehicle technology, is a division of ROUSH Enterprises based in Livonia, Mich. ROUSH CleanTech designs, engineers, manufactures and installs propane autogas fuel system technology for light- and medium-duty Ford commercial vehicles, and Type A and Type C Blue Bird school buses. As a Ford QVM-certified alternative fuel vehicle manufacturer, ROUSH CleanTech delivers economical, clean and domestically produced fueling options for fleets across North America. Learn more at ROUSHcleantech.com or by calling 800.59.ROUSH.